- Is afraid of doing core work during pregnancy because you don’t want to hurt the baby (or yourself!)
- Feels like you’ve never been able to recover your core muscles from your previous pregnancies
- Has been told ‘don’t do core work during pregnancy’, so you're afraid to do any at all and instead just 'let it all hang out'...
Trust us, we get it.
I (Kendra) remember when I was pregnant with my first son, I was really hesitant to do much core work out of fear - fear of hurting the baby and just not knowing what to do (and I was an athletic trainer!!). So, I just stopped doing targeted core workouts and hoped for the best.
Unfortunately, hoping for the best was not enough. After I had my son, getting my core and pelvic floor working again was WAY harder than it had to be, and took a lot longer than I expected (two years vs. the 3 months I had hoped for - that's another training all together!).
Fast forward 3 years, I got pregnant again and vowed to do things a lot differently the second time around. Through my entire pregnancy I was able to stay connected to my core - up until the day I gave birth. Even when I was pushing during labor, the labor nurse put her hands on my stomach and said out loud “WHOA you’ve got some ab strength mama!!”
And let me tell you - I was shocked (but truly, not surprised) that while sitting in the hospital bed just hours after having my son, I could still feel my core muscles when I engaged them, even after 10 months of pregnancy.
Now, we can teach YOU the exact same techniques I used, to help you stay connected your core muscles!
- Welcome to your core!
- Why we need core work during pregnancy
- How to do core work during pregnancy
- How to know you're doing prenatal core work correctly (and incorrectly!)
- Integrate your core into your workouts
- The workout plan that will keep you moving through pregnancy
- Practice: The Prenatal Core! (25 Min)
- Prenatal Yoga Practice: Back body expansion in Pregnancy To Avoid Diastasis (13 min)
- Core training for the pushing phase of labor
- Let's see how ready your core is for birth!